Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Finally Tried This Recipe... "Spring Rolls"

I have been wanting to try this for quite some time and I finally pulled the time and ingredients together. I had originally posted this recipe back in August. I also baked instead of frying as this recipe suggested. I didn't use her filling recipe though. Instead, this is the recipe that I used for the filling.
I used rice paper for my spring rolls. METHOD:
-I dipped one piece of rice paper in warm water, holding under for about 5 seconds.
-I laid the softened piece of rice paper flat on a damp tea towel.
-I scooped about 3 tbsp. of filling onto the edge of the rice paper.
-Then I rolled it once, folded up the edges, and finished rolling in a log shape.
-Repeating until all the filling was gone, I then laid the finished rolls on a baking sheet, leaving a space between each one.
-I then brushed each roll liberally with olive oil.
-Bake at 450 degrees for about 30 min, or until browned and crisp. You may want to finish with the broiler for a few minutes to brown. I served them with a red sauce.
Everyone enjoyed them... even Wafe who is not usually veggie fan.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin