Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sweet Potato or Squash Bake

I never liked sweet potatoes, until I tried this recipe! Even my kids all eat this and love it! If you like pumpkin pie, you will like this. Also, it is much healthier than the traditional marshmallow topped potatoes.

3 cups hot, mashed sweet potatoes or butternut squash
1/2 cup milk or cream (I use coconut milk)
3 Tbsp butter or margarine (I use olive oil or coconut oil)
1/4 cup brown sugar or 3 Tbsp honey
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp of each of the following: allspice, salt & nutmeg
(marshmallows for top, but optional)

-Combine the squash or potatoes and beat in milk, egg, sugar and spices until smooth. Pour into a greased casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 40 min or until set. If using marshmallows, add to the top and brown for 5-10 minutes. Serves 6-8.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin