Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Bestest, Crunchiest, Yummiest Oven Fries



The family gave these fries a top rating at supper tonight - and they WERE good! In fact, when I tried one, I thought, "Oh no! I have gone and made something addicting!" I will have to make them only occasionally or my waist line will reflect my liking for them!
As is my habit, I did not measure ingredients as I cooked. However, it should be fairly simple to guesstimate according to how many potatoes you are using.

CRISPY OVEN FRIES

1 large potato per person, cut into fries
rice flour to coat - 1-2 Tbsp per potato
seasoning salt
onion salt
olive oil 1-2 Tbsp per potato

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cut potatoes in a bowl. Toss with flour to coat. Sprinkle generously with seasoning salt and onion salt. Sprinkle olive oil over potatoes and toss to coat. Dump onto baking sheet and cook for 45-60 minutes or until crispy and brown.
Enjoy with ketchup, salsa, or the dipping sauce below.

SMOKEY DIPPING SAUCE
1 cup sour cream (for dairy free, use 1 cup mayonnaise)
1-2 cups salsa, according to taste
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp taco seasoning
few drops of smoke sauce

Stir all ingredients together - adjust seasoning to taste. Great with vegetables, tacos or fries.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Uh-oh. We rarely eat fries for obvious reasons, but we'll be trying these out. Just thinking about it makes me want to have them for lunch today. Mmmm.

jennstar said...

They would make a very satisfying hot lunch on a wintery day.

Amber said...

I just discovered your blog and really enjoy it, so I'm passing the versatile blogger award on to you!

http://glutenfreemotherhood.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin